Increase Your Home’s
Value With Rustic Charm
Flooring is the most important factor once a potential buyer steps into your home. A floor can decide for someone immediately, before they even know it, because flooring needs to be durable and long-lasting for homes to be safe. So, what are the best flooring materials to have a solid resale home value?
With a decent price tag to install, hard wood floors have the highest resale value of any flooring solution because they are truly loved across all generations, interests, and lifestyles. Real estate experts have noted that hardwood floors resale is as high as 80% and increase your homes selling price by 2.5%. hardwood floors have truly beautiful finishes that create a home feel for any home in any part of the country and some wood floors are better than others.
- Price between $5-$10 per square foot
- Wood does have an overall high price, with maintenance and installation
- There are a wide range of options for wood floors
Tiles, whether they are ceramic or porcelain, are difficult and they are time consuming to securely install! So, it is important to be aware that the biggest expense for tiles is the manual labor during installation. Porcelain tiles are much more durable than ceramic tiles and can last for decades. This type of quality is important for homes that have young children or pets running around; however, porcelain tiles are much more expensive then ceramic ones, and those aren’t exactly cheap.
- Ceramic tiles are about $12-$25 per square foot
- Porcelain tiles are about $18-$32 per square foot
- The resale for ceramic tiles is an average of 70%
- The resale for porcelain tiles is an average of 60%
As a disclaimer, it is important to know that stone flooring does limit your buyers to a certain type of person, so it could affect your home’s value. Stone floors are beautiful and have extreme potential for creating a unique space.
- Stone floors keep homes cool during the hot months
- There are different types of stone including slate, sandstone, marble, and granite
- They will limit your buyer’s market to a select few
- Cost is around $12-$35
- Resale is %60
This is out… don’t waste your time on installing carpet throughout your entire home. For certain areas of your home, carpet can be useful, but unless you’re installing a brand-new flooring for your buyers, carpet is not the best investment.
- Questions about cleanliness pop up
- Durability is questioned, especially if kids are coming into the home and pets as well
- Cost is around $4-6.50
- Resale value is about %30